Search This Blog

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Thankful

I'm writing this because the last two posts I have been complaining about life and things that I cannot control. There are so many things given to us in the is world that we take for granted. Just being able to get up and walk on our own is a blessing cause there are many people who would give just about anything to be able to walk on their own. My grandmother is blind and the fact that she can't do that much for herself makes me thankful that I can see even when I'm squinting outside in the sun. I have seen to many incidents on the road lately where there was about to be an accident but somehow it didn't happen. Then I go home and see trunks on fire on the highway. There are so many little things in life that we want or take for granted and we forget the bigger picture. The most important things in our lives should be the people that we love. These are the only things in life that cannot be replaced. Cars, houses and even money can be replaced but a life cannot. Even the people that we consider enemies are family to someone else and they are loved by someone. So imagine if the person that we loved the most in our families had someone out there that hated them as much as we hate our enemies. Losing my other grandmother two months ago has opened my eyes to see that you have to live for right now while planning for the future. Love the people around you right now cause there is no telling how much longer you will have them. There are so many gifts that God has given us to cherish and we have taken them and treated them horribly. Just being able to hear my grandmother crack jokes with the rest of us and cook for us again would make me so happy. But unfortunatley I can't get that back, all I have are the memories of the past because she cannot be replaced by anyone or anything.

No comments: