Search This Blog

Friday, September 02, 2005

Why did we want to grow up again?

As a child things were so easy. Life events wern't as hard as we though they were and we had dreams that we could achieve anything. But as we got older we saw how hard life can be and that it spares no one. all the bumpes an dhurdes in life are supposed to make us stronger but when they happen we only want to crawl under a rock and never come out again.
About 6 years ago my grandmother was diagnosed with cancer. It was devastating to our family but grandmother waws one of those people wo didn't like to let things get to her. She was the type to determine what she was going to make out of life. She was strong and never wanted to give up, she wanted to continue doing things like she used to. But the cancer was too much for her. Throughout all of the struggling I never remember my grandmother sying that she wanted to give up until the last ime I talked to her. She told me that she was praying for all of us that the Lord will take care of us when she was gone. I didn't even know what to say when she said that. I was kinda shocked that she could be so blunt about it but that was her. Less than a month later my grandmother passed and though I was sad I know that she wanted to go.
I am writing about this because my friend told me that her grandfather is not doing very well right now. I don't even know what to tell her because I don't know how my family made it through this far. Death is so hard to deal with and its a wonder why we want to saty on thei earth instead of trying to get to heaven where there will be no sadness. I can't wait to see that day.
We wanted so much to be grown (and we still do sometimes) but when we get all of life's blows we don't want to deal with them. So many dreams we had for lives are completely gone and done with and we have made our plans that are easier to attain. All I'm trying to say is life is hard and we have to first trust in God, keep up our faith and do our best to encourage each other. Even though we are here in this wretched place the Lord's blessings are still coming and they will continue to come as long as we keep trusting in Him.

No comments: