Search This Blog

Sunday, February 21, 2010

No friends? Really? Yes Really...SMH


I never expected for life after college to be like this... I don't really have any friends. The few people that I honestly would still consider friends usually don't live nearby, are married or are about to get married. It's strange to be around people when we are on totally different pages of our lives. A few of my friends are still hanging in there but they are busy with their own lives and I catch up with them when I can. Other people who I thought were friends when I was in college are honestly not my friends anymore. Most of them I haven't spoken to more than once or twice since leaving and moving back to Atlanta. I am having a hard time with this because since my college years began I was not the social type. I was pretty much an introvert and I still am. Post-college life is not as fun as I expected... I expected it to be full of adventure and freedom and lots of outings. I've tried to be more social but it seems as though I am ending up with less friends than before. My poor boyfriend is having to deal with all of this.... I feel as though I'm smothering him even though he says I am not. I have got to get some friends or else I'm gonna end up running him off, lol. I say that jokingly but I am starting to think I may never find friends and he will really be tired of me. I am naturally an intorvert and I guess I have to try not to be, but I don't know what else to do. I am open to new ideas but I really can't think of any...

1 comment:

~Kell Bell~ said...

KRYS!!! Do not dismay! we are ALL in the same boat girlfriend. Just know that different phases in life bring different pleasures... guess we just gotta learn to appreciate the phase. Anywho, I'm just glad you have an understanding boyfriend and a great blog! Keep writing and trying to get out there and mix it up!