Search This Blog

Saturday, August 01, 2009

Church!

When I left for college I left my church behind and always thought I would come back to it. After being away for so long and seeing life outside of it I have to admit I have no interest in attending there anymore. It's not that I don't love the people but I'm ready to find my only place that I can relate to. I feel like my old church focuses on things that are irrelevant and I would rather go on to the important things. Former church members get offended when I tell them that I don't really want to attend there but I don't think they understand that I experienced different things and I am ready and willing to move on to a new church. I can't really relate to anyone in my old church anymore. There weren't many people my age anyway and the people that were there now have children or are married. I can't relate to them on that level anymore especially since I'm single and just starting out in life. I don't know its hard enough making friends here in atlanta especially since all my friends are elsewhere but man... people's lives change so quickly.
Anyway that's my dilemma for today. I just always seem to feel bad when I tell people how I feel.

No comments: